Importance To Bulk Users
To obtain optimum life on a hotel towel ie, 120 wash cycles or more, the following is recommended:
- Towel in room
- Towel in linen stock room
- Towel on way to laundry
- Towel being laundered
- Towel being returned to hotel
The above suggestion indicates that if a room requires 1 Hand and 1 Bath towel, then 5 of each are required to provide the best stock rotation. Assuming that 120 washes at ONE wash per 5 days will give a life expectancy of 20 months provided all the foregoing technical precautions are taken. If any less than 5 towels per room are used, the life expectancy will be accordingly shortened.
To summarise, we have taken the greatest care to produce a quality towel, which, if treated carefully should give optimum life and performance.
To get the best out of our towels, we recommend:
- Launder in machines with no sharp edges.
- Wash dark colours separately for the first few washes.
- Do not bleach in the washing process
- Do use a quality detergent without OBA’s.
- Use softened water in the laundry process.
- Do not overdry the towels.
The foregoing information is issued in the interests of good customer relations and has been compiled in conjunction with information received from the BLRA and SADCLA.